Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

Today I tried out a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal.  It is delicious, I think I'm going to experiment with the recipe and see if I can't make it more delicious.  I think it needs a little less pumpkin and more spices.  It's very good though.  Someone else suggested dried cranberries.  I didn't have any, but that could be good too!

Even though this is my photography blog, I thought I'd share this here anyway.  I did take the photos.


Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1 3/4 cup water
1 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/4 cup chopped almonds (I used Planters Pumpkin Spice Almonds)

Bring the water to a boil and add the oats.  Cook for 5 minutes.  Turn off the burner and allow to thicken if needed.  Stir in the pumpkin puree, butter, brown sugar, and pumpkin pie spice.  Fold in the almonds, or any other toppings you think are delicious!  Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment