Thursday, September 29, 2011

Changes for the Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal!

Okay, so yesterday, I posted a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal after I made it that morning.  I liked it, but I felt it could be better.  So this morning I made some changes.  I want to pass the changes along, so you can benefit too.



It's pretty much the same with a just a few changes. I'll underline the changes.



Ingredients:

1 3/4 C Vanilla Soy
1 C old fashioned oats
1/3 C pumpkin puree
1 Tbs butter
2 Tbs Brown Sugar (or to taste, I added a tiny pinch more) 
1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1/4 cup chopped pumpkin spice almonds (or plain if you like)


Bring the vanilla soy milk to a boil and then add the oats.  Cook for 5 minutes and allow to sit (if needed) to reach desired consistency.  Then add the butter.  Add the brown sugar and spices next. Last add the pumpkin puree.  Then top with Almonds and mix if you want.


I thought the pumpkin puree was just too much last time.  So you can see I reduced it by just a little. I like to taste the spices.  So I added a little more nutmeg.  I really felt it needed to be a little creamier and have a hit of vanilla, so I added the soy milk.  See what you think!


Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment